Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday's Rockin' Roundup - Hell's Kitchen Returns Edition

For those of you who don’t know, your cousin Ryo is a huge Hell’s Kitchen fan. I like to cook a lot and I find world renowned chef Gordan Ramsay to be extremely entertaining while he demands perfection. He’s like a drill sergeant for the culinary industry, but he takes cooks that have little talent and molds them into superior chefs. Season 5 kicked off last night, and my wife and I enjoyed it immensely. We’re already making wagers on who should get kicked off next. Hell’s Kitchen airs Thursday nights at 9:00PM on Fox (if you’re interested). And now, onto some great finds from the web:

This is an interesting post on the true hurts of file sharing. It makes one think. I especially like the author’s comment about how a true fan that really believes in the artist should pay for it. It made me think about how much money I’ve given Kiss over the years, and I stand behind every dollar.
http://www.japanator.com/elephant/post.phtml?pk=9146

Bruce Springsteen has announced his first US dates. I have but one question: Will I be able to get tickets? Even in this economy, Bruce coming to New Jersey is like the second coming of the messiah.
http://www.livedaily.com/news/15566.html

Allyson over at Bring Back Glam brought up a great memory this week. King Of The Hill. I still play the CD quite frequently, and I always thought they were a great band that just never got the proper recognition.
http://www.bringbackglam.com/journal/2009/1/28/obscure-even-for-me.html

I was going to do a review of Bruce’s new disc, Working On A Dream for next Sunday’s CD Review. After doing some research on Backstreets, I discovered that I don’t need to. The #1 Springsteen fan site has rounded up all the reviews they could find and linked them in one neat and tidy post. Happy reading!
http://www.backstreets.com/news.html

And oh yeah, there’s a little game being played this Sunday to celebrate Bruce Springsteen’s performance in Tampa Florida. I don’t know much about it, but if you want to learn more, click here:
www.nfl.com/superbowl

No comments: