Friday, April 3, 2009

Friday's Rockin' Roundup - Anniversary Edition

This Saturday (as in tomorrow, kids) marks the 6th anniversary of the night my wife and I met. Ironically, we met at a bar where we had both gone specifically to see the band that was performing. Music can bring anyone together.

Cathy is a wonderful partner to have and I sometimes think that I don’t thank her enough for all she does and all of the support that she provides me. This site probably wouldn’t even exist if it weren’t for her. There were many times over the past couple of years when I wanted to give up on writing forever; just pack it in and walk away. She never let me, and because of that, I now have this outlet and you fantastic readers.

I’ll have to remember to tell my wife how wonderful she is more often. And for those of you that are married, or heavily involved, be sure to do the same.

And while I was strolling down memory lane of the night I first met my true love, this is what happened in the world of music:

Incubus is going on a summer tour to coincide with the release of their greatest hits collection which arrives June 16. I had no idea they were coming out with a greatest hits collection, or that they were going on tour. If the price is right, I may have to check them out when they come to NJ.
http://www.livedaily.com/news/18622.html

Allyson over at Bring Back Glam wants you to weigh in with your opinion of That Metal Show. Specifically, does it suck, or not suck? Personally, I like the show and the simplicity of it. I’ve also always been an Eddie Trunk fan, so perhaps I’m biased. What do you think?
http://www.bringbackglam.com/journal/2009/3/29/does-that-metal-show-suck.html

Queensryche has released a new disc, American Soldier. As badly as I wanted to write this off and not have to bother paying attention to this album, I can’t. The lead single If I Were A King, is so good that I have to go out and buy yet another CD. Damn you, Queensryche!
http://www.queensryche.com/

Stryper is launching their 25th anniversary tour. It’s hard for me to believe they’ve been around for 25 years. I remember when they became real popular on MTV, which means I’m getting older by the minute. This tour looks really cool though, as each show will be 2 sets. The first will be with the current members of Stryper (all original members minus Tim Gaines) playing newer tunes. The second will be classic Stryper songs and will include original bassist Tim Gaines. I think that’s a nice idea. Tour dates will be announced soon.
http://www.stryper.com/index.htm

No comments: