Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday's Rockin' Roundup - Camping & Rafting Edition

I’m heading out on my annual rafting trip this weekend, much earlier than usual (September). However, there are two trips planned this year, with the second trip being for a higher class of rapids, quite possibly back in West Virginia, but it may end up that we go kayaking down the Delaware. Either way, it’s always a lot of fun. I love rafting, seeing nature, camping, and enjoying the quality time with close friends. It’s hard to compare the outdoor experience with anything else, it’s a thrilling connection with nature and life, and this is a trip that I look forward to every year.

And while I was checking my camping supplies and stocking up on charcoal, here’s what rocked this week:

Wilco released the artwork for their new album, and yes that is a real camel. Or, so we’ve been told. Interesting cover art in any event, and I am looking forward to the end of June when the new album will be available for my audio pleasure.
www.wilcoworld.net/news/index.php

Taking Back Sunday’s new CD comes out on June 2nd. Cool. They are about to embark on a quick tour of the US to “road test” their songs. Even cooler. They’ve mentioned that they might do a cover CD in the future. Not cool at all. Please, enough with bands and their all cover CDs. We want original music, which TBS will give us on June 2nd.
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/taking-back-sunday-ready-to-road-test-new-1003972235.story

Martin Scorsese is going to direct a film on the life of the late, great, Frank Sinatra. The script was written by Phil Alden Robinson, who is most known for writing Field Of Dreams. Scorsese directing a movie about Sinatra certainly peaks my interest. My first question is obvious, who will portray Frank in the movie? My second question is will they film in Hoboken, NJ? My third question is how can I be a part of this film?
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/scorsese-to-direct-frank-sinatra-biopic-1003972860.story

Green Day’s new album, 21st Century Breakdown is out today. If you live in or near the New York City area, you can meet the band at Best Buy on 44th & 5th, Not sure if there will be an in store performance or not, but there is definitely a meet and greet. Full details can be had at their website:
http://www.greenday.com/site/homepage.php

No comments: