Wednesday, January 27, 2010

2010 Grammy Performances

The Grammy Awards are this Sunday night. There appears to be another solid lineup of performers scheduled to entertain the masses. Who are you looking forward to seeing perform at this year’s Grammy Awards? Cousin Ryo has his favorites, of course, along with a couple that I have no desire to see, but I’ll watch anyway, because this is what I do every year.

I really want to see Dave Matthews Band and have high hopes for their performance. Obviously they are going to play something off of Big Whiskey, but what is still the question. Funny The Way It Is would be nice, but Seven or Alligator Pie would be nicer. Either way, I think that DMB is going to be incredible and give an amazing performance.

Bon Jovi is having the fans select their song through online voting. It’s a neat way to connect the fans with the show and give them a stronger feeling of inclusion. The choices are Livin’ On A Prayer, Bed of Roses, It’s My Life, Always, Wanted Dead Or Alive, or Have A Nice Day. I personally would love to hear Bed of Roses, but I have a feeling it’s either going to be Livin’ On A Prayer, or Wanted Dead Or Alive. Those are total fan favorites.

Black Eyed Peas should entertain well. Their New Year’s Eve appearance was decent and I’ve always liked this band. I’m looking forward to seeing their live selection. Green Day will also be interesting. I’m guessing their going to perform 21 Guns off of their latest album, but I could be off on that. They could perform a completely different song.

Taylor Swift is probably the act that I least want to see. I might take a popcorn break when she comes on. There’s something about her that I just don’t like. She’s not my kind of performer and I feel that she’s a little too fake. I know she’s had a rough year with the whole Kanye incident and all, but still, she’s not someone that I particularly want to see.

What about you? Who are you looking forward to seeing? Which band are you dying to hear the most? Comments are open. Feel free to post some.

Here’s the confirmed list of performers:
Beyonce
Black Eyed Peas
Bon Jovi
Dave Matthews Band
Green Day
Lady Antebellum
Lady Gaga
Maxwell
Pink
Taylor Swift
Zac Brown Band

The Grammy’s are this Sunday at 8PM Eastern. I’ll be tweeting all during the show over on Twitter. You should follow me and join in the fun. www.twitter.com/ryovie

No comments: