Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday's Rockin' Roundup - Championship Football Edition

This Sunday is championship Sunday in Ryo-land. The AFC Championship game puts the New York Jets against the Indianapolis Colts, while the NFC has the New Orleans Saints going up against the Minnesota Vikings. I always love championship Sunday. I’ve always felt that it’s the day for the true football fan. You get two great games, none of the hype of the Super Bowl, and it’s just pure fun.

As I do every year, I’ll be watching the games where I watch all my football, a nearby local watering hole that is my football home. We all look forward to the games, and this time of year when all of the teams that we regularly root for are out of the playoffs, it’s just about seeing good football, much like when we watch the college bowl games.

And after these games, there’s one more to go and then a week later, pitchers and catchers will be reporting for baseball spring training. Oh, those are magical words! I hope everyone enjoys their football or their whatever they do this Sunday. Have a great weekend everyone!

For more news, reviews, updates, banter, and unthoughts known, follow me on TWITTER.
www.twitter.com/ryovie

Here’s what rocked this week:

Coachella 2010
The Coachella lineup has been unveiled. The dates are set for April 16th – 18th to kick off the festival season. This looks like a great lineup once again. Faith No More, MGMT, Les Claypool, and The Dillinger Escape Plan jump out at me right away. If only California were a little closer to my New Jersey home. Well, one year I’ll make the trip out there for Coachella.

Free Music From The Smashing Pumpkins
As discussed a couple of months ago, the Smashing Pumpkins are offering free music as the tracks are finalized for their new album Teargarden by Kaleidyscope. This is a very cool offer, shades of Trent Reznor giving away an album last year. It helps bring more recognition to the Smashing Pumpkins, but it also helps Billy Corgan and the band share their music. The first two songs are available at their website now. Widow Wake My Mind is absolutely incredible.

Ozzy Book Signing
To help support the US release of his new autobiography, I Am Ozzy, Ozzy Osbourne will be doing a week’s worth of book signings in the states. Click the link for dates/times. I’m going to have to pick this book up and post a review. Reading the Ozzy snippets in The Dirt really make me wonder what this guy was like in the early days. I have a feeling this book will tell all.

Bruce Kulick Trailer for BK3
And finally there’s this little gem, a trailer helping to promote Bruce Kulick’s new album which is coming out on February 2nd. This is going to be one great album and I can’t wait to hear the whole thing. Once I do, you know there will be a review posted.

No comments: