Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday's Rockin' Roundup - Happy New Year Edition

Happy Friday! Another year has kicked started and everyone is hard at work on launching their resolutions. This year at the Vie household we resolved to eat healthier (so far so good) work out six days a week (already missed one of those – but I got right back on track), and spend more family time together (off to a good start with that one too).

The New Year is always a great time to pause, reflect, and think about where you want to go in the future. In addition to my household resolutions, I have some resolutions about The Rock and Roll Guru as well. I’m always tweaking the site to try and find that sweet spot of perfection, but in 2010 I am really focusing on content. I want to not only put out some important news, but I want to go back to the basics of why this site was started in the first place. I want to tell you more about musicians and bands that you may not have otherwise heard of. I want to make you aware of new releases and concerts that you may otherwise have missed. I’ll be faithful to the Saturday concert recap and the Sunday review, as well as Friday’s Rockin’ Roundup. The rest of the time, I’m going to be seeking out the best content that I can.

And I’d like to hear more from the readers in 2010. Comment more. E-mail me more. Tell me what you want to see on this site more. Because, without you, I could write these posts in a notebook and keep them for myself.

Happy New Year! May 2010 bring you all the best and more. Here’s what rocked this week.

Soundgarden To Reunite in 2010
This news is absolutely incredible. Soundgarden is one of those rare bands that I never got to experience live and now, after all this time, I may finally get to see them in action. Matt Cameron’s current commitment with Pearl Jam may delay this tour, but it looks like it’s really going to happen. That’s superb!

Recapping the Last Decade of the Record Industry
This is an excellent post by Phil Gallo looking at the past 10 years in the industry. IT’s shocking to see how quickly these changes occurred. This was my favorite post of the week by far!

Recapping the Way Delivery of Music Has Changed
Here’s another exceptional post, this time looking back at how the distribution of music changed over the last ten years. This one is a little long, but worth the read.

Behind the Suit and Tie
Loud Reviews have come across a clip for a pretty cool upcoming documentary giving an inside look at the record industry and the executives within. This is something that I will definitely want to watch in its entirety!

No comments: