Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday's Rockin' Roundup - Valentine Edition

Sunday is Valentine’s Day for anyone who may have forgotten (you single guys). Valentine’s Day is a nice time here at Cousin Ryo’s house. We don’t spend a lot of money on extravagant gifts for each other. Instead, my wife and I cook a nice romantic meal together and watch a couple of movies (a rare treat in these parts). It’s a nice time of togetherness that I cherish almost more than any other time of the year.

This year we are cooking steak and shrimp, with asparagus, au gratin potatoes, and chocolate truffles for dessert (my wife found the recipe last year and they are delicious). We’re going to rent “Couples Retreat” and I was able to talk her into renting “Zombieland.” It should be a wonderful Valentine’s Day for the two of us and I am just going to enjoy being able to spend the entire day with my wonderful wife.

And while I was practicing my romantic lines for Sunday, here’s what rocked this week:

The Who’s Subpar Superbowl Performance
This is a GREAT post over at Real Rock News. The rocker wrote his true opinion of The Who’s performance and it’s not very glowing. I say good for him. Not many people have had the balls to write what they truly thought of that lackluster halftime show, afraid to upset rock royalty or something. Real Rock News tells it like it is – and it sucked.

The Masses Are Kind Of Stupid Sometimes
I’ve been saying this for years! The masses are nothing more than lemmings. This is a well written, enjoyable post over at Troubled Souls Unite. And for the record I am a HUGE LOST fan, I don’t particularly care for Coldplay, and I never liked Kings of Leon.

Saliva Releasing A Greatest Hits Disc
Saliva is one of the most underrated modern bands out there. I’ve seen them live 3 times (openers for Kiss/Aerosmith) and I was impressed with each performance. I love their music and think that this band can really blast toward the top of the pack with one more solid release. A greatest hits package is a nice holdover, but I’m anxious to hear new music from them.

Bruce Kulick At The Kiss Coffehouse



For more rocking fun and dancing nancies, follow me on Twitter. www.twitter.com/ryovie

No comments: