Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday's Rockin' Roundup - Spring Training Edition

Those two magical words. Two of my favorite words ever spoken. Spring Training. I can hear the crack of the bat, I can smell the grass on the field, I can see the flash of leather, and I know that warm weather and baseball are just mere weeks away.

Those of you that have been read my blog for any amount of time knows that after music, baseball is my biggest passion. I love the game, the strategy, the thrill of the late innings – baseball is an excellent game. With Spring Training having begun, that can only mean that spring is right around the corner. I can’t wait to be spending summer nights listening to the ball games on the radio. And I listen to as many as I can, whether it is the Milwaukee Brewers, the Pittsburgh Pirates, or the Kansas City Royals. I live for this game. Baseball is back and I couldn’t be happier.

And while I was mapping out which games I was going to try and see live this summer, here’s what rocked this week:

REO Speedwagon and Pat Benatar Co-Headline Tour
Two of the greatest pop acts of the 80s are teaming up for a co-headlining tour. REO Speedwagon and Pat Benatar. This looks like it will be a very fun concert. If the price is right, cousin Ryo is going to have to check it out.

Eric Avery Leaves Jane’s Addiction (Again)
In the “not surprised in the least” department, bassist Eric Avery is leaving Jane's Addiction. He states incompatibility as his main reason for leaving the band again. He was never fully vested in the reunion to begin with, and Jane’s will continue writing and recording without him. It’s sad to see him go, but it’s good to know that Jane’s Addiction will labor on.

Third Song Available From The Smashing Pumpkins
The Pumpkins have made A Stitch In Time available on their website. While not as good as Widow Wake My Mind, this is still a decent song. That makes a total of 3 tracks from their latest album. Free music rocks!

Iron Maiden’s Big Announcement
New album. Extended tour of North America. Summer 2010. Cousin Ryo is so there!

No comments: