Friday, May 7, 2010

Friday's Rockin' Roundup - Mother's Day Edition

This Sunday (May 9th) is Mother’s Day here in the US. It’s a day to reflect and remember Mom for all the wonderful things she has done. First and foremost she gave birth to us. In my case, my mother put up with a lot when I was a youth, especially in my teenage years. No matter the situation however, Mom was always there for me.

Mom got me into music in a big, big way (http://rockandrollguru.blogspot.com/2009/01/how-it-all-began.html) and I’ll always be grateful for that. I will be sure to call her for Mother’s Day (she lives in Florida and I’m in New Jersey, so taking her to brunch is not possible) and I sent a card (w/ gift) in the mail. Take a moment to remember Mom this weekend. Call her, send a card, clean her yard, whatever. Just take a moment to say thanks, Mom. She’ll appreciate it.

Here’s what rocked this week:

Bret Michaels Out Of The Hospital
Taking a major turn toward full recovery, Bret Michaels has been released from the hospital. This is fantastic news. I was very worried for a while, but fortunately Bret was able to pull through and doctors say he is going to be just fine. He may even be back out on the road sooner than we think. I just hope he chooses not to rush his recovery and allows himself the time to rest that he needs.

The Rolling Stone Staff Are Now Blogging
Just released this week, some of your favorite staff writers from Rolling Stone magazine will be blogging regularly for all to enjoy. Rolling Stone.com has totally remade their website and this was a big part of the re-launch. Perhaps they were a little worried that Cousin Ryo was taking some of their market share.

Pearl Jam Offering Lots Of Goodies This Summer
Has it really been ten years since Pearl Jam started their bootleg offerings? Wow! What excites me most about this article, however, is that Pearl Jam will finally be releasing the final shows from the Spectrum (from October of 2009). I’ve heard bootleg copies of these shows, but to have an official box set release has me salivating.

For more news, reviews, commentary, quips, and shenanigans, you should follow me on Twitter. www.twitter.com/ryovie

No comments: