Friday, July 2, 2010

Friday's Rockin' Roundup - The Best of the Guru Edition

Happy Fourth Of July Holiday Weekend! Barbecues, softball tournaments, Yankees baseball, reading, and of course, music, are all on the docket for my long weekend. July makes it 18 months since I launched this little blog. I still enjoy writing it as much as I did the day it was released and I am still amazed at the response this blog gets. Thank you everyone who reads, comments, emails, and enjoys The Rock and Roll Guru. Without you, this blog would be nothing. It means a lot to me that you keep coming back to read more.

Since July marks the halfway point of the year, I thought it would be a good time to round up the best of The Guru – 2010 (so far). Here’s a list of what I think is my strongest work for 2010. Enjoy the 4th everyone!

The Live Nation Ticketmaster Merger
One of the worst things to happen to the music fan.

Who Sets The Price For Concert Tickets?
This is one of the posts that I am most proud of this year. A lot of work and research went into this article, but the hard work paid off. Many people have stopped to visit this post. That means a lot to me.

STILL the front-runner for best album of 2010
Doug Keith’s The Lucky Ones is one of the greatest albums I’ve ever heard. It could be album of the decade. The more I listen to it, the more I find to enjoy about it.

The time I met Clarence Clemons
It was an amazing experience and he is one of the nicest people I’ve ever met. I will always remember that night.

Discount Albums Online
As CDs are becoming more and more obsolete and people are ripping off the artists by stealing music online, some stores are countering. Sites like Amazon are offering full albums in MP3 format for $4.00 or less. Not too bad at all.

My trip with Stone to see Pop Evil and Charm City Devils
Stone is awesome. Charm City Devils were ok. Pop Evil was FANTASTIC! Stone left a huge fan.

The Loss of an Old Friend
Earlier in the year, I lost an old friend. Next weekend we will be having a bonfire in his honor. There are bound to be a lot of tears and shared memories and that’s all right. That’s how friends live on forever.

The Summer Tours
Wondering what tours are out there this summer? Look no further! Cousin Ryo did the work so you don’t have to.

Milli Vanilli 20 Years Later
Remembering Milli Vanilli … and a girl.

No comments: