Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday's Rockin' Roundup - Labor Day Weekend Edition

Another summer comes to its unofficial end. Where did the summer go? I could have sworn it was Memorial Day only last weekend. Weren’t we just discussing the Rolling Stones release of the remastered Exile On Main Street and watching a video for Plundered My Soul? My, how the time flies!

For summer’s last gasp, Cathy and I will be attending a dinner party, and a barbecue. In addition to that, I will be seeing RUSH at the PNC Bank Arts Center tonight. I am looking forward to hearing Moving Pictures in its entirety along with some choice RUSH classics. It should be a fun-filled evening!

Here’s what rocked this week:

Bruce Springsteen To Release The Promise
As you already know if you read The Guru with any regularity, Bruce Springsteen is releasing a 6 disc box set for Darkness On The Edge Of Town. I personally cannot wait for this and I even have the money sitting aside in an envelope marked November 16th. November 17th may be a sick day at work for me.

Arcade Fire – Making Videos Cool Again
Talk about wild – Arcade Fire has unleashed an interactive video experience. In the video, the viewer can actually view their childhood home and write a note to their younger selves. As creepy as that is for some, it’s an interesting concept for me. What exactly would I write 12 year old Ryo? I’d probably say something like “Hey buddy, freaking grow a pair and ask Kristine out already!”

Vie’s Verses – What Album Should Kiss Perform Live?
That’s the question I pose over at Hard Rock Hideout with my latest installment of Vie’s Verses. With a lot of bands performing albums in their entirety, perhaps it’s time for Kiss to throw their hat into the ring and play one as well.

For more new release news, innovative tech talk, and nonsensical ramblings, you should follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/ryovie

No comments: