Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday's Rockin' Roundup - Halloween Edition

This Sunday is Halloween here in the US. It’s a time when people dress in costumes, kids walk around to earn free candy, and people try to scare one another. It’s also a time when some people attempt to dress up their pets in costume.

For those of you who weren’t aware, your cousin Ryo is the proud owner of multiple cats. I’ve always wanted to dress my cats in some cool costumes. The thought of seeing them prance around in KISS outfits to the sounds of Love Gun is an immensely pleasing fantasy to me. Of course, Mrs. Vie, my wiser half, never lets me actually go through with it.

I’m hoping that one year, I can sneak the kitties into costume when she’s not around. If I get to pull it off this weekend, you can guarantee that you will see pictures. However, I think that the cats are safe until next year. I’m just not sure that I have the time to put the costumes together.

Here’s what rocked this week:

Bon Jovi Announces 2011 Tour
Did you miss Bon Jovi during their summer outing? Do you want to see them in an arena environment? Well, this spring, in North America, you will get that chance. The band just announced 2011 tour dates that included 2 nights at Madison Square Garden and a summer trip to Europe. It’s good to be a rock star!

Pearl Jam Radio Is On Sirius/XM
The best thing I ever did was to get satellite radio. And now, Pearl Jam has their very own station that plays nothing but Pearl Jam 24/7. From full concerts, to rare b-sides, to the classics that we’ve come to know and love, it’s all on the radio, all the time. It is a die-hard fan’s dream come true.

To Walkman No More
I didn’t even realize that the cassette walkman was still even being made. So, to hear that Sony was going to stop making it greeted me with mixed reactions. On the one hand, it’s sad to see a classic go and take a part of my childhood with it. On the other hand, who knew that they were still selling the Walkman?

Krist Novoselic To Play Bass On The Next Foo Fighters Album
This is interesting news. Novoselic will only be guesting on bass, and it’s not certain how many tracks he will play on, but it’s still pretty darned cool to see Dave Grohl and Krist making music together again. I wonder if they have any old, unreleased tracks of Kurt’s vocals that they could add to a song?

For more fun, games, trivia, nonsense, and deep, mindful, music insight, you should follow me on twitter. www.twitter.com/ryovie

No comments: