Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday's Rockin' Roundup - Yard Sale Edition

This weekend, your cousin Ryo is attempting to earn a little cash by hosting a yard sale. The place where I live is having a community-wide yard sale. I figured it was time for me to be a seller instead of a buyer (as I am every other year). It will be nice to finally get rid of a lot of the stuff that I’ve accumulated over the years. I’ve been trying to force myself to part with some things that are hard to part with. My movie collection, comic books, and other stuff that just sits in my basement and will most likely never get used. I’m trying as hard as I can to put it all out for sale and hope for the best.

Saturday will be a fun day of enjoying the October air, drinking coffee, and trying to sell my stuff. I hope that I make a decent amount of money, but more importantly, I hope that I don’t replace the stuff I sell with more stuff. That would be awful.

And while I was pricing used items and debating whether a DVD is worth $2 or $3, here’s what rocked this week:

The 2011 Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Nominees Are In
Kiss gets snubbed again. Rush gets snubbed. But LL Cool J? He got nominated. Seriously? The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Nominating Committee sucks.

U2 To Play Pittsburgh Next Year
Hot off their European tour, U2 is already eyeing up 2011. They’ve added a new city to their makeup tour for next year. Pittsburgh will be the last stop on the 360 tour (for now). Something tells me that additional shows may be added. We’ll know next summer.

Roger Waters Changes A Controversial Video
Even the legendary Roger Waters can succumb to pressure from outside groups. What the hell is this world coming to? We are all a bunch of pansies!

Queensryche to Release a Remastered Deluxe Edition of Empire
Now this looks pretty darned cool! A totally remastered deluxe edition of one of the greatest (if not the greatest) albums of 1990. My wife’s Christmas shopping just got a whole lot easier.

American Bang’s Debut Album is Stellar
And finally, here’s my review of American Bang’s self titled debut record. It’s southern rock meets modern flair and it’s oh, so good! Check out my review and then pick yourself up a copy of this fantastic record.

For more news, reviews, rants, raves, taunts, and other fun things, you should follow me on twitter. www.twitter.com/ryovie

No comments: