Friday, December 3, 2010

Friday's Rockin' Roundup - The Holiday Season Edition

It’s hard to believe that the holiday season is upon us once again. It’s not like I didn’t know it was coming, I just wasn’t prepared for it to hit. I tried to prepare, but it still came at me out of nowhere. Now the next month of my life is going to be filled with chaos as I try to meet year end goals (for both The Rock And Roll Guru and the job that pays me cash money), decorate the house, get the gift shopping done, and rearrange my social calendar to see everyone.

Not to mention I have a KIX concert and a From Good Homes concert in back-to-back weeks. AND I’m debating on going to see Hinder as well. Whoo! That’s a whirlwind of a month. I’m going to need January to arrive just so I can relax. I always seem to put too much pressure on myself for the holidays. I need to learn to say no more often. It’s that belief that I can fit it all in. Then it becomes too rushed and not as enjoyable as it should be. Maybe I will learn for next year. Less is more.

Here’s what rocked this week:

The Grammy Nominations Are In
While it’s nice to see Eminem lead the pack with multiple nominations, it’s disappointing to see who was left out. Ozzy should have been nominated in several categories for Scream. That album is nothing short of spectacular, but Grammy doesn’t love the hard rock and heavy metal the way Ryo does. I will still be watching come February.

And Here Are The Hard Rocking Grammy Nominations
Note how scant, small, and seemingly insignificant they are. Why metal doesn’t get the mainstream love is beyond me. I guess if it was part of the mainstream though, I wouldn’t love it as much.

KISS is re-releasing the KISS Casket
And they are not limited to just caskets. Kiss has unveiled cremation urns, plaques, prayer cards, and yes, pet cremation urns. Now Fido or Fluffy can eternally rest in the image of Gene and the rest of the band. While I love this band, I wish they would make new records as quickly as they churn out new junk for fans to buy.

Sammy Hagar Is Finishing Up His Autobiography
While the title is pretty lame, I am hopeful for this book. Sammy better not gloss over the VanHalen years, especially the 2nd split (where Michael Anthony left too). I also want the inside story of the “Sam and Dave” tour. Please don’t disappoint us, Sammy.

For more updates, concert happenings, news, views, and music love, you should follow me on twitter. www.twitter.com/ryovie

No comments: