Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday's Rockin' Roundup - Last Weekend Of Shopping Edition

This is it. This weekend is the last weekend to shop before Christmas is upon us. Another year has passed. Where does the time go? I will be spending this weekend finishing my Christmas shopping and seeing From Good Homes live. Not a bad weekend as long as I really can get the rest of my shopping done. Christmas shopping is not one of my favorite pastimes and I always end up getting things for myself that I don’t necessarily need. Hopefully I can restrain from buying for me this weekend and focus on buying for the people on my list.

I’m wishing to see Keith Richards’ Autobiography under my tree this year, as well as the latest from Stephen King, Tom Petty’s Damn The Torpedoes reissue, a new set of headphones for my iPod, and maybe a Bose system. That last one is doubtful, but you never know. Christmas miracles are known to happen. What’s on your wishlist?

Here’s what rocked this week:

Billboard’s Top 10 Albums Of The Year
The best of 2010 lists have already started to arrive. While mine won’t be posted until the last week of December, Billboard already has theirs out. Shamefully, I don’t know most of the albums on the list. I also don’t agree with the ones that I do know.

Rolling Stone Magazine’s Best of The Year
Rolling Stone has released their best of music list for 2010 as well. Their list has 30 albums and I knew a lot more of them. I still can’t believe what they missed though. Well, I guess that gives you a reason to read my top 10 albums of 2010 list when it comes out.

Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame – Class of 2011
Alice Cooper and Neil Diamond made the hall…finally. While I still can’t believe there is no Kiss, no Rush, and no a lot of other bands that deserve to be in, I am ecstatic to see Neil and Alice make it in. It adds a little more class to the hall. I’m particularly looking to the concert. Seeing Neil Diamond and Alice Cooper perform on stage together will be a real treat.

Pearl Jam To Headline Their Own Festival
Rumors abound that Pearl Jam will be heading up their own festival in 2011. Not much more information is available, but 2011 is the year of the Pearl Jam, so I expect to see a lot from this band next year. Will I go to this festival? It all depends on who else is performing.

Duff McKagan Strips For PETA
Along with his gorgeous wife, Susan, Duff McKagan has bared it all for a PETA advertisement. All I can say is that his wife is beautiful. Wow!

For more thoughts, spur of the moment rants, ramblings, music updates, and happy musings, you should follow me on twitter. www.twitter.com/ryovie

No comments: