Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Ultimate Concert Experience

As those of you who read my financial literacy post know, your cousin Ryo is a frugal person. Yet, I’ve always wanted to experience “the ultimate concert night,” one that would cost much more money than I currently have to spend on it. So, I’ve started a savings account that will allow me to have this experience once the fund is sufficiently padded. It may take some time to get the amount of cash I’ll need, but in the meantime, it will be a lot of fun exploring what would be involved in this experience. Let’s dig in and find out!

The Band
Obviously, the most important component to all of this is the band I would see perform. It has to be a huge band, or a band that I love a lot. Kiss immediately comes to mind, but I would like to take my wife along for this experience, and she’s not a big Kiss fan. Okay, she’s not a Kiss fan at all. That rules out Dave Matthews Band as well. U2 would fit well into this scenario. If the original Led Zeppelin were to reunite, that might work. Bruce Springsteen & the E-Street Band would be a winner for sure. For the sake of argument we’ll narrow it down to U2 or Bruce Springsteen, depending on who is playing when the money is finally there.

The Venue
To me, the greatest venue in the world is Madison Square Garden, hands down. So, the show would have to take place there. An exception can be made for Bruce at the IZOD Center, but only in that building.

The Tickets
Premium floor seats that would most likely have to be purchased through an online scalper are the type of tickets I am looking at for this show. Seats in the first 5 rows are what I’d be aiming for, but I’d accept anything in the first 10.

Transportation
A limo, fully stocked with beer, wine, food, and tunes. Arrive and return in style.

After Concert Activities
Back stage passes to meet with the band and possibly conduct an interview for The Rock and Roll Guru. That would really be the best part of the whole experience. I’d be seeing the dressing rooms, learning about everything that goes on behind the scenes and backstage after a concert – getting a better understanding of the rock star life – that would define the ultimate concert experience.

And there it is – your cousin Ryo’s ultimate fantasy concert experience. Now all I need is a few thousand dollars to pull it all together…

What’s your ultimate concert dream? Comments are open. Feel free to post some.

No comments: