Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday's Rockin' Roundup - The LOST Re-watch Edition

I’ve been re-watching the entire series of LOST this year. Every morning, while doing my daily workout, I watch an episode of the greatest show ever put on television (except for maybe The Twilight Zone). I am currently halfway through season two. It has been so much fun going back and watching the entire series again. It’s provided me new insight to the show and since I know what happens, I am able to watch the show from a whole new angle.

LOST was one of the coolest shows ever produced for television. I watched every episode of every season as they were aired and I spent hours and hours of my life on blogs and other LOST sites, speculating on what would happen and what the mysteries were all about. Now that the mysteries have been solved, I am starting to recognize how great the writing of the show was. Yes, there were some plot holes and trip ups along the way, but all long running TV shows have those. Overall, LOST was a well written, highly entertaining show, and I am just as hooked on the re-watch as I was on the original airing. As my buddy stone from Metal Odyssey would say, “Long Live LOST!”

Here’s what rocked this week:

Phish Will Tour This Summer
Earlier this week Phish announced tour dates for this summer. While the dates currently run through June 19th, I’ve a feeling that the band will be adding more in the near future.

Save The Dates For Dave Matthews Band
The Dave Matthews Band announced some festival dates on their website this week. No other information is currently available as to where the band will be performing, but we know that they will be headlining the festivals. The question that remains is will it be their own festival or one that already exists? Hopefully we will know the answer real soon.

Vie’s Verses – Heavy Metal Heals Us All
Over at Hard Rock Hideout, my latest column on the love of hard rock and heavy metal music has posted. While I love all types of music, hard rock was my first true love and will always hold a special place in my heart.

A Pantera Reunion?
Here’s an interesting article I found while surfing the web. Would you support a one-off reunion show of Pantera with Zak Wylde (or someone else) filling in on guitar? While I think this is certainly an interesting idea, I wonder if it would be a concert worth attending. Without Dimebag, it could be difficult. On the other hand, it may be a wonderful tribute and a way for the fans to say farewell.

For more rants, raves, reviews, concert news, and silly little things that are on my mind, you should follow me on twitter. www.twitter.com/ryovie

No comments: