Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday's Rockin Roundup - Winter Sucks Edition

I’m usually not one to complain (ok, that’s a complete lie, I complain a lot) but I am so tired of winter. This year is even worse than last with a new storm hitting us every week since Christmas! Come on, old man winter, we’ve had enough. If you live in the Northeast, where I am, you can just see how sick of this weather people are. And it’s barely Ground Hog Day.

The good news is that Spring Training and spring concerts are right around the corner. Before you know it, I will be sitting on the lawn at the PNC Arts Center with a cold beer in my hand and the warm sun on my face, waiting for one of my favorite bands to rock the night away. Oh won’t that be nice! Well, six more weeks until spring, I suppose I can tough it out. Next year I might become a snowbird!

Here’s what rocked this week:

M3 Is A Go For May
M3 is returning to Maryland for another year of glam slam hair metal! Packed with nothing but bands that you love, M3 is a shout out to the heyday of Glam metal. Kix, Warrant, Slaughter, Tesla, and Whitesnake are just a few of the bands on this year’s bill. The 2011 M3 Festival looks to be even better than last year. That gives me something to smile about! Tickets go on sale today (2/4). Check out http://www.m3rockfest.com/ for info on getting yours.

Theory of a Deadman Hitting The Road Again
As if the news that Theory of a Deadman were heading out on tour this spring wasn’t exciting enough, it gets even better. Joining the band for this tour are Skillet and Halestorm to go along with Stone Sour and Art of Dying. Can you say awesome? I thought you could. With a bill like that, how could you not pick up tickets to this show? If the Avalanche Tour is coming to a town near you, I highly recommend you get tickets. It’s a can’t miss night of fun.

New Pop Evil Album Out This Tuesday
And finally, the wait is over. A brand new Pop Evil record will be in stores this Tuesday and I am beyond excited. Pop Evil’s debut album is one of the best rock records I have heard in a long time and the new songs that I heard when I saw them perform live sounded great in concert. I just can’t wait to see how they translate in the studio. War Of Angels will be available everywhere on Tuesday, February 8th. Expect a full review soon after I get my hands on this album.

Peter Criss To Release His Memoirs
I’ve already started cleaning off a spot on the bookshelf for this one. It’ll fit right next to Gene Simmon’s Kiss And Make Up, Anthony Kiedis’ Scar Tissue, and Keith Richards’ Life. 2012 can’t get here soon enough. I know I’ll be scouring the internet for sneak peaks between now and then. This is a must read for me!

For more news, reviews, blues, tattoos, and otherwise rude, crude, and lewd comments (mixed in with a whole lot of fun), you should follow me on twitter. www.twitter.com/ryovie

No comments: