Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday's Rockin' Roundup - Baseball Edition

Last night, for my birthday, Mrs. Vie got me one of the greatest gifts I’ve ever received in my life --- Ken Burns’ box set documentary on baseball. It’s the updated edition that includes two bonus discs covering the modern era. Long time readers know how much I love the game of baseball. This gift made me as excited as a child. I can’t wait to start watching it. I almost called in sick to work so I could stay home to watch the entire thing in one setting. Well, maybe after I start watching it….

Here’s what rocked this week:

The Wheatley Chronicle Talks About The Caravan
Over at The Wheatley Chronicle, I stumbled across an excellent article discussing the upcoming Dave Matthews Band Caravan. Greg Hermann does a great job of discussing the band, the upcoming festival, and most importantly the fans. And since he counts himself amongst them, he knows how great they are from a first-hand experience. I think the four Caravan dates are going to be some of the best things to ever occur in Dave Matthews Band history.

A Man, His Ukulele, And An Unruly Critic
Eddie Vedder has released his second solo album, this one titled Ukulele Songs. It’s, you guessed it, and album with nothing but songs played on the Ukulele. According to Jaymie Baxley at Slant Magazine, that’s not so good. However, what I really love about this is the comments section. Personally, I may have to get a copy of this and review it myself.

Blink 182 On Tour With My Chemical Romance
Teaming up for The Honda Civic Tour, it’s Blink 182 and My Chemical Romance. No word yet on when the new Blink album is coming, or if there even is a new Blink album, but tickets for their tour go on sale tomorrow morning at 10:00 AM.

Every Album Challenge Update
Albums Listened To: 103
Albums Remaining: 1950

For more news, reviews, rants, raves, taunts, chuckles, and some other useless trivia, you should follow me on twitter. www.twitter.com/ryovie

No comments: