Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday's Rockin' Roundup - Anniversary Edition

Tomorrow is my 6 year wedding anniversary. I can’t believe that I have been married that long already, and more importantly, I can’t believe that my wife has put up with me for that long. Between the time I spend on this blog and my obsession with comic books and sports, I’m surprised she hasn’t come to her senses and left me by now.

To celebrate our anniversary, we will be going out to dinner at the place we met. I don’t believe that either of us has been back there since the night we met, so it should be interesting to see how much we can remember about that fateful night when we are there.

For this week’s edition of Friday’s Rockin’ Roundup, I’ve decided to pull together some upcoming tours that are worthy of your attention. It seems like this has been one slow summer concert season. I know that I’ve only been to two concerts this year, and technically, neither of them was during the summer. Maybe that will change and I will attend one of these upcoming shows.

Here are some tours that rock:

POP EVIL
http://www.pollstar.com/resultsArtist.aspx?ID=158749
Pop Evil is out on the road in support of their latest album, War Of Angels. If you’ve never seen Pop Evil live before, I implore you to check them out. Travel if you must. Pop Evil is a fantastic live band and one of the greatest new rock bands to arrive in a long time.

Theory Of A Deadman
http://www.theoryofadeadman.com/tourdates
Theory is also hitting the road to support a new album, The Truth Is… And while there are no shows scheduled near The Guru at this time, Theory is known for their extensive touring. I am sure that they will schedule a concert close to home in the near future.

Incubus
http://www.enjoyincubus.com/us/tour
Another band with a brand new album to support is Incubus. They are also fabulous in concert, but I am unfortunately going to miss them this year. They are playing the Arts Center in NJ on the same day that I am attending an annual Labor Day BBQ bash that I just can’t miss. It was a tough decision, but the BBQ won out.

Seether
http://www.seether.com/events.aspx
Seether too is supporting a new album, Holding Onto Strings Better Left To Fray. The extent of their tour appears to be taking place in August. I’ve only seen Seether as an opening act, but with a late August stint scheduled for New Jersey, I may have to check out their headlining appearance.

Puddle Of Mudd
http://www.puddleofmudd.com
Puddle of Mudd has a couple of different tours coming up. First, they are out on a headlining tour doing two sets --- one an acoustic covers set and the second, a set of their greatest hits. After that tour wraps at the end of July, the band has some time off before starting a tour with Buckcherry, Papa Roach, and POD. That could be some show!

Every Album Challenge Update
Albums Listened To: 190
Albums Remaining: 1,863

For more rants, raves, reviews, news, tour updates, and odd little musings, you should follow me on twitter. www.twitter.com/ryovie

No comments: