Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Why The Hell Am I Still Here: An Understanding Of Why I Write The Rock And Roll Guru



Music blogs come and music blogs go. Just like magazines, bands, and your favorite ice cream flavor or comic book character. It’s inevitable and an accepted fact. The blog you love to read so much is going to go away at some point. However every once in a while it’s good for them to go away --- because sometimes it allows them to come back stronger.

In case you never noticed, and believe me, a lot of the P.R. people for bands I won’t name didn’t fucking notice, The Rock And Roll Guru went away for a while. Almost three years to be more specific. The Guru was gone for the same amount of time that it was here. And while it was gone, things happened. Life went on. Everyone continued about their business and no one made too much of a fuss. Well, except for the aforementioned P.R. people. They sent me even more requests. I found that rather humoring and speculated that they were not very good at their jobs.

But while I enjoyed all that time off and worked out other ventures and ideas, there was always a little gnawing in the back of my brain, always a little nagging feeling that maybe it wasn’t time to leave, not quite yet. It was a small feeling at first, but as time went on it grew. As my life circumstances changed, I realized that I had the itch to re-launch the blog. The itch needed to be scratched.

I dipped a toe in first. Took a few of the most recent press releases I got and read through them. I listened to the music they were pushing and I realized that I wanted to tell others about it. Again. Just like when it started. I wanted to introduce someone to some really great music that they may have otherwise missed out on. So I posted. It was my first one since October, 2011, and it felt great. Really great! And that’s when I knew it was time to come back.

I made sure to take it slow at first. I didn’t want to burn myself out. I wanted to keep it fun and exciting. So I went slow and eased myself back in. And of course, there was plenty of material to choose from, because as I mentioned, the P.R. folks never stopped sending me their shit. And some of it was shit. But some of it was grand. And it was the grand that I had to discuss and raise awareness about.

A re-vamp, re-launch, re-start is on the horizon. Pieces of that have already been put into place; the gradual changes being unveiled ever so slowly, by design. I’ve got plenty of great things planned and you will see them in the coming days, weeks, and months, but slowly. Because, for now, slow is the way to go. Thanks for taking this trip with me. I hope I don’t disappoint and I hope you enjoy the changes. I’m thankful to anyone who takes the time to read this blog. It means the world to me, now more than ever.

And to all that read this….you rock!

No comments: