Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday's Rockin' Roundup - Game 7 Edition


For those of you unaware, your cousin Ryo is a hockey fan. I’m a much bigger baseball fan (as that is my biggest passion after music), but I am a pretty big hockey fan. I got into hockey by watching Mario Lemieux play when he first came into the league. By following him and the team he played for, I became a Penguins fan.

The Penguins are in a position to win the Stanley Cup tonight. All they have to do is win in Detroit, something they have not been able to do yet this series. This game is going to be humongous, and I am going to enjoy every second that they are on the ice. As they like to chant in Pittsburgh, “Let’s Go Pens!”

Here’s what rocked this week:

Maiden’s new DVD is out! Did you pick up your copy yet? Cousin Ryo did, so expect a full review sometime in the near future. In the meantime, if you haven’t picked up Flight 666: The Movie yet, there is a lot of information about it available on Iron Maiden’s website. Iron Maiden - Flight 666:The Movie

The Bonnaroo Festival kicked off yesterday in Manchester, Tennessee. I was very close to attending it this year, especially with Phish performing for two nights (I’ve never seen them live), Nine Inch Nails (I’ve only seen them once), and Bruce Springsteen (can’t see him enough), but alas, it never panned out with the people I was trying to go with. They were unable to attend. Hopefully I can get there next year. http://www.bonnaroo.com/

Faith No More has officially launched their reunion tour. Here’s the setlist and video footage from their first show in England. Still no word on their plans for the states during this reunion, but it sure would be nice to see them in the USA. Faith No More Reunion Setlist

Another week, another review over at Hard Rock Hideout. Here’s my review of Gynger Lynn. Ryo's review of Gynger Lynn

And finally, it’s so good to see rock and roll dominating the record charts again. This week Dave Matthews Band came in at number 1, with Chickenfoot, 311, Green Day, and Taking Back Sunday all in the top 10. Rock and Roll! Billboard's Top 10

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the Pittsburgh Penguins! 2008/2009 STANLEY CUP WINNERS!!!