Thursday, June 11, 2009

Dave Matthews Band - Live At The Beacon Theater


Since its release last week, I can’t get enough of Dave Matthews Band’s latest disc, Big Whiskey And The Groo Grux King. I’ve been spinning it a lot, especially in the car on my way to and from work. It’s a fabulous record that I really enjoy.

After listening to a couple of key tracks for the 100th time this week, I started to wonder what the new songs sounded like live in concert. Would Seven be totally fantastic live? Does Alligator Pie pack the same punch on stage as it does on disc?

Then I remembered the Beacon Theater concert. The night before the disc was officially released, Dave and the band played the Beacon Theater and it was broadcast live on Hulu.com. I watched some of it, but not all, as the show ran very late for me (I’m an early riser).

Last night, I hopped on over to Hulu.com, and low and behold, the entire concert is still there for viewing pleasure. They’ve also broken the show up by song, so if there are individual pieces that you’d like to hear, you can jump right to that segment. Wow! And the best part is it’s all free. Sit through A 30 second State Farm commercial and you’re in. That’s it!

Interested in viewing the entire concert? Click the link below:
http://www.hulu.com/watch/75477/dave-matthews-band-live-from-the-beacon-theatre

Comments are open. Feel free to post some.

No comments: