Monday, September 14, 2009

U2 Kicks Off At Soldier Field - Opening Night Setlist


U2 launched the North American leg of their tour in support of No Line On The Horizon at Soldier Field in Chicago Saturday night. Here is the setlist that was played:

Breathe
No Line On The Horizon
Get On Your Boots
Magnificent
Beautiful Day
Elevation
I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For
Stuck In A Moment That You Can’t Get Out Of
Unknown Caller
The Unforgettable Fire
City of Blinding Lights
I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Crazy Tonight
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Pride In The Name Of Love
MLK
Walk On
Where The Streets Have No Nam e
Encore One
One
Bad
Encore Two
Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
With Or Without You
Moment Of Surrender

That’s an excellent setlist to start this part of the tour with. 7 songs from the new album seems like quite a bit to me, but it is an excellent disc and the songs they played from it are all great (except Get On Your Boots, but that’s their first single, so it’s going to be played). I particularly like the first encore. One into Bad is an excellent one-two combination and I would have loved to witness that live.

Want to follow all the setlists U2 plays on this tour? Visit http://www.u2.com/.

Comments are open. Feel free to post some.

No comments: