Friday, October 2, 2009

Friday's Rockin' Roundup - 15th Bruce Concert Edition

Tonight, I am heading to my 15th Bruce Springsteen Concert. It will be my second this year. I have seen Bruce more than any other band or performer that I’ve seen live. The reason that I’ve seen him the most? Every single concert is different. During his 10 night run at Giants Stadium for The Rising tour, I went to 6 of those shows. Every single concert was different from the one before. Not once did I think I was seeing a similar show.

Bands that are having trouble selling out their concerts, take note. Mix it up! Play a few different songs from night to night. Change the show up a little bit. It just might help you sell out multiple nights.

Here’s what rocked this week:

Guns N Roses To Tour Asia?
To be filed under the category of I’ll believe it when I see it. Supposedly Guns N Roses will be touring in December in the Far East. Can we believe any rumors we hear regarding this band?

Hurt – Goodbye To The Machine
One of the best records of 2009 is Hurt’s Goodbye To The Machine. I love this disc! You can read my review of it over on Hard Rock Hideout.

New AC/DC Book Coming In October
This looks like an interesting read. Why AC/DC Matters looks at why AC/DC should be considered one of the greatest bands ever, and why they are constantly ignored by the media. I will certainly be adding this to my reading list next month.

Pearl Jam Gets Their First Number One Album In Years
Was it the hype? Was it the marketing technique? Was it Target? Or was it the fact that this is a solid record that the fans were looking forward to? Not sure of the reason, but I am happy for Pearl Jam. They deserve this.

More AC/DC News
In other AC/DC news, the band is going to be releasing a massive, limited edition, box set which is housed in a real, working amplifier. The set contains CDs with live rarities and studio outtakes, a DVD of videos from 1991 – 2003 (Family Jewels 3), a live concert from Germany on DVD, and a vinyl record of rarities. That’s a lot of great stuff from the boys!

No comments: