Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday's Rockin' Roundup - Halloween Edition

So, Halloween is upon us here in the US. Tomorrow is the day that the kids (and adults) dress up in costume, run around from house to house, and ask for free candy. The adults hand it out, getting to see what every kid is. I’m hoping to see some kids still dressed as Kiss. They do have some relevance with the younger population, don’t they?

When I was a kid, I was either Spider-Man, or a member of Kiss (although one year, I was Plastic-Man). I loved donning the makeup and becoming a member of the band for a day. It was an exciting feeling and most people knew who we were, having rocked out to the band when they were younger. It was a lot of fun. If I go to any Halloween parties this year (still on the fence about that) I’m going to dress up as Gene Simmons. If it happens, I’ll be sure to get (and post) some pictures for you.

And while I was buying candy and planning costumes, here’s what rocked this week:

Want To Hear The Michael Jackson This Is It Soundtrack For Free?
This is a pretty neat idea. Hear the entire soundtrack for free to determine if you’d like to buy it or not. It’s a least worth a listen.

Google Expanding Into The World Of Digital Music
Here’s an interesting story. If this new search works anything like Google video, then it’s going to be awesome!

Top 20 Albums Of The Decade?
Most of these albums I’ve never heard of, but I can agree with number 3 and number 1 being in the top 10. I don’t know if they should be at the number they’re at, but hey, that’s what great about blogging. Let the debates begin!

Top 10 Albums Of The Decade?
Here’s another list of the top 10 albums of the decade. At least I know most of these albums. Let the debates continue!

We Wish You A Metal Christmas
Just what we need – yet another metal interpretation of Christmas music. And of course, I’m going to listen to this CD. It’s like a train wreck; you can’t look away.

No comments: