Friday, October 23, 2009

Friday's Rockin' Roundup - The Holidays Are Coming Edition

Believe it or not, I’ve already started thinking about my Christmas shopping. I know that it’s only October (and unseasonably warm here in Jersey), but I’m starting to put together my lists for everyone that is getting a Christmas gift from me this year.

The Mrs. has already dropped hints on what she wants, and I know what else I want to buy her, so now it’s just a matter of waiting for the right sale. We also know what we are getting our daughter, so that falls into the same category of waiting for the right sale.

The rest of the family gifts are being carefully selected, and with a little luck, I can have my shopping completed by Thanksgiving. That would be a first and it would ease my holiday stress a thousand-fold. Dare to dream!

What about you? Have you started thinking about the Holidays? Have you started your Holiday gift list or your Holiday wish list? The guru is hoping for lots of things Dave Matthews, Kiss, and Iron Maiden this year. Hopefully Santa will get the message.

And while I was preparing holiday lists and starting my early Christmas shopping, here’s what rocked this week:

U2 Will Broadcast a Live Concert On You Tube
Following the footsteps of Dave Matthews Band who broadcast a live show on Hulu, U2 and You Tube have teamed up to bring you a live U2 concert. Can’t beat the cost.

ACE Frehley Tour Initial Tour Dates Announced
What? No New York show? How utterly disappointing!

Some Things Never Change
I knew that the Monkees never got along, and I always knew that they were a forced together response to the Beatles (and a weak one at that), but to see Davy Jones bash his ex-bandmates with the vigor of someone who actually had talent is pretty comical. Don’t get me wrong, I like a few Monkees songs, but Davy’s off his rocker if he thinks that he has any talent beyond the church choir.

Public Enemy Need Your Help
This is an interesting idea, but if I’m paying for their album, I want to produce at least one track and I want a production credit.

15 Singers That Have Lost Their Voice
And finally, I’ll leave you with this interesting piece. I totally agree about Bob Dylan (read my write up on his Christmas CD), but I have to disagree about Chris Cornell. Well, I’m still holding out for a Soundgarden reunion anyway.

No comments: