Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday's Rockin' Roundup - Last Concert At Giants Stadium Edition

Tonight marks the final concert ever being held at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford New Jersey. Appropriately enough, Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band are giving the finale. Through the years, I have seen many concerts at Giants Stadium. I’ve witnessed some amazing experiences in the parking lot, tailgating and enjoying great times with good friends. I’ve seen Bon Jovi, U2, Bruce, and countless other bands perform inside the walls of that stadium. I’ve enjoyed many summer afternoons in that parking lot, waiting for the start of an awesome concert. I’m going to miss those times, but I look forward to seeing Bruce (hopefully) christen the new stadium.

Here’s what rocked this week:

WalMart Employees Suck
Loud Reviews nailed this one. WalMart employees have no idea what’s happening in the world of KISS. These displays should have been set up the night before.

Some Brand New Winger
Winger is getting ready to release a new album at the end of this month. The disc is called Karma and it is an amazing piece of rock and roll. You can read my review of the disc over at Hard Rock Hideout.

Kiss Changes Their Setlist
Kiss mixed up the setlist for their performance in Oshawa. Check out what they played here:

A Return of the Cranberries
It’s nice to have The Cranberries back. I would love to hear them record a new album, but I completely understand Dolores O’Riordan’s point.

Summer Festivals Already?
Well, it’s a little early, but here is the first official announcement for one of next year’s summer festivals. This is a new festival that looks totally unique. I’m going to have to give this serious thought about attending in 2010.

Temple of the Dog Reunite at a Pearl Jam Concert
And finally, I’ll leave you with this video from Pearl Jam’s concert in Los Angeles earlier this week. Eddie invited Chris Cornell on stage to sing Hunger Strike. I am speechless.

No comments: