Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday's Rockin' Roundup - Dion Roy Live Edition

Tonight I am going to see Dion Roy live for the first time. Regular readers know that I am a big fan of his debut album Gallery. That album made my ten best list for 2009. I am excited to finally get to see his live show. It’s at a club not too far from my house, The Crossroads (www.xxroads.com) and it’s a birthday bash for Dion. It should be a lot of fun with some great live music. If anyone is planning to attend, drop me a line or send me a tweet. Those of you that are interested in learning more about Dion and his fabulous music visit his website at: www.dionroy.com.

And while I was preparing for a fun filled Friday night of birthday celebration and great music, here’s what rocked this week:

Three Days Grace to tour with Chevelle and Adelita’s Way
I had the opportunity to see Adelita’s Way open for Theory of a Deadman and they were awesome. Three Days Grace is supporting their excellent new disc, Life Starts Now. Unfortunately, there aren’t any dates in my area, but if this show is coming to your town, you should definitely check it out.

Download Festival 2010 Lineup
If you live in the UK, or are planning a trip there in June, the Download festival is showing an awesome lineup this year. It makes me wish I had the money to be a world traveler. With AC/DC and Megadeth on the bill and Aerosmith getting together (with Steven Tyler) for this one, it’s going to be an exceptional weekend of rock and roll.

Guns N Roses Rocked NYC With A Surprise Gig
I need more friends in the industry to let me know when things like this are going to happen. I would have given a lot to be at this club show.

Stephen Pearcy Talks About The New Ratt Album
While I am excited about the new album, reading Stephen’s comments make it painfully obvious that they are only together for the money. He sees it as a job and not as an act of love (which it was when they first got together). This worries me. An audio sample to the first single is also included.

Bonnaroo Lineup Announced
Wow! What a lineup this year! I am seriously considering making the trip to Tennessee for this. Even though I am supposed to attend a meeting for my 9-5 job that weekend, I’m still thinking of going. It just looks that good!

No comments: