Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday's Rockin' Roundup - Home Repairs Edition

Mrs. Vie and I have been living through some home repair for the last two weeks. A good friend of your cousin Ryo has been working on the house. Painting, new lighting, and new flooring have all been taking place these past two weeks. It’s been a challenge living through the repairs. Doors and handrails are constantly off and not where they belong. The floor has been nothing but plywood for the past two days. It’s rough, but when it is all finished, it is going to look gorgeous. That is going to make Cathy and I very happy. With a little luck, everything will be complete next week. I have my fingers crossed, because I would like to have my house back.

And while I was dealing with the constant thumping of hammers and nails, here’s what rocked this week:

Bret Michaels Hospitalized
We start on a sad note and with a prayer of hope for Bret Michaels. About a week ago he was rushed to the hospital with what turned out to be a brain hemorrhage. He has undergone emergency surgery and is in stable, condition. Doctors are very hopeful for a full recovery.

Growing up, Poison was one of my favorite bands, and they got me through some difficult times in my life. They also are responsible for a lot of joy in my life. In high school, I even performed in the lip synch as Bret Michaels. I am hoping that Bret will make a full recovery, but a surgery of this nature is very serious.

Here’s some news and commentary on Bret (from a couple of my favorite sites):

http://hardrockhideout.com/2010/04/27/bret-michaels-medical-update

http://www.bringbackglam.com/journal/2010/4/28/regarding-bret-michaels-were-being-watched.html


The Carnival Of Madness Tour
A brand new travelling hard rock tour has been announced! Shinedown, Puddle of Mudd, Chevelle, Sevendust, and 10 Years are teaming up to bring you the Carnival of Madness tour. With tickets starting at only $20, how can you not attend this show?

Ozzy Osbourne’s New Album – Cover Art
The cover art for Ozzy’s new CD (due on June 15th) has been released. It looks pretty cool to me. I will admit, I’m liking the new song, Scream, a lot. A real lot. This may be the first Ozzy album on a long time that I pick up.

A Nostalgic Review of Ace Frehley’s 1978 Solo Album
Heavy Metal Addiction posted this review of Ace’s first solo album. I know you can find a review of this album just about anywhere, but I like the nostalgic touch that HMA put on the review. I can relate to a lot of it, especially spending hours in a record store educating myself about music. This is a fun (and fond) read. Enjoy!

For more news, quips, head banging, and air guitar fun, you should follow me on twitter. www.twitter.com/ryovie

No comments: