Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday's Rockin Roundup - Summer Heat Edition

The past few days here in New Jersey have been brutally hot. We’ve hit 90 or higher every day and what that means is that summer is here to stay. To me, summer means movies with my daughter, the occasional ice cream cone, baseball, concerts, and reading. The heat is part of the summer and something that I can adjust to, although I don’t prefer it. However, as I mentioned way back in February, I am not complaining about the heat this year. Not once. I am merely stating the fact that is has been hot outside.

The summer concerts are heating up too. Don’t forget that next week is your last chance to get service free tickets for select Live Nation shows. Visit www.livenation.com for more details. What concerts is cousin Ryo attending this summer? Currently I have the following scheduled: Iron Maiden, Kiss, and Rush. There’s an outside chance for Dave Matthews at Citi Field, and possibly OAR at the arts center. There may be a few more shows at the Starland, The Croc, or The Wellmont – we shall see. All in all it’s going to be a great summer. Enjoy the warmth and enjoy the concerts!

Here’s what rocked this week:

Gibson Guitar Is Having Gibson Days This Weekend
Gibson Guitar, the world’s premier musical instrument manufacturer and leader in music technology announced Gibson Days being held at participating dealers this weekend across the globe. On the last Saturday of every month, official Gibson and Epiphone dealers worldwide invite fans to come to their shops and celebrate Gibson Days. Every dealer gives the event its own very distinct touch while celebrating the many Gibson fans who participate and giving all guests the chance to “test drive” the world’s most popular guitar models by Gibson and Epiphone. Every participant receives a Gibson “fan” shirt and is eligible to enter to win an exclusive Gibson guitar. Check out their website for more information.

Ozzy Osbourne’s Scream
Over at Hard Rock Hideout, I had the chance to review the latest from Ozzy. While I admit, I’ve been disappointed with Ozzy recently, there is nothing disappointing about Scream. Head over to Hard Rock Hideout to read my review and find out why.

Death Of The Live Album?
This is a great article examining the question is the live album dead? I say no to that. DMB, OAR, and other jam bands are live album mavens, releasing them every other year, or in the case of DMB, every year. However, will there ever be another live album that sells 6 million copies? Well, the live DVD has kind of taken over as the live medium of choice. I say yes, though, a live DVD could sell that much.

For more live musings, friend sharing, and review reading experience, you should follow me on twitter. www.twitter.com/ryovie

No comments: