Thursday, June 3, 2010

Memorial Day Concert Setlists

This past Memorial Day Weekend saw some pretty excellent concerts performed here in the Northeast. And although I did not attend any of them, I was planning on going to two until family plans got in the way.

Originally, I wanted to travel to Hartford, Connecticut, with my cousin to see two nights of Dave Matthews Band as they launched their 2010 summer tour. Unfortunately, his parents decided to schedule his college graduation party right in the middle of that two day concert blast, thus rendering it near impossible for us to go. Even if we went to the Friday night show, it was questionable if we would be back in time for his party on Saturday. Thus, no DMB for me.

After viewing the setlist, I am severely disappointed with myself. Check out the two nights they did in Hartford! If this is any indication of how this summer tour is going to be, well, then cousin Ryo has to get to a couple of these shows.

May 28, 2010
JTR
Seven
Hello Again
Spaceman
Proudest Monkey
Satellite
Funny The Way It Is
Rye Whiskey
Shake Me Like a Monkey
Busted Stuff
Kit Kat Jam
#41
Grey Street
You and Me
Dancing Nancies
Too Much
Ants Marching
Encore
Break For It
You Might Die Trying

May 29, 2010
Big Eyed Fish
Bartender
Why I Am
So Damn Lucky
Lying In the Hands of God
So Right
Everyday
Sweet Up and Down
Jimi Thing
Crash (Into Me)
Corn Bread
Stand Up
Needle And The Damage Done
Don’t Drink the Water
Shake Me Like a Monkey
Two Step
Encore
Baby Blue
All Along The Watchtower

The second concert that I was going to attend was at the New Meadowlands Stadium, featuring New Jersey’s other son, Bon Jovi. I really wanted to see the new stadium and I really wanted to hear songs from the new album performed live. However, my friend Mark was throwing his annual Memorial Day BBQ bash on Saturday (yes, I had to do two parties in one day). So back in March when he confirmed that it was happening on that date, I nixed any plans to see Bon Jovi. Once again, I am a tad disappointed in myself. Look at the setlist Bon Jovi performed on Saturday night in New Jersey. Wow!

May 29, 2010
Who Says You Can’t Go Home
We Weren’t Born To Follow
You Give Love A Bad Name
In These Arms
Born To Be My Baby
Just Older
We Got It Goin On
Raise Your Hands
When We Were Beautiful
Superman Tonight
Captain Crash & The Beauty Queen From Mars
Bad Medicine
It’s My Life
Love’s The Only Rule
Lay Your Hands On Me
Living In Sin
I’ll Be There For You
Something For The Pain
Diamond Ring
I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead
I’d Die For You
Work For The Working Man
Someday I’ll Be Saturday Night
Keep The Faith
Encore
Dry County
Wanted Dead Or Alive
Livin’ On A Prayer

Now don’t get me wrong, I am very thankful for the time that I had with friends and family. Family is always a priority for me, and it was great to see Mark’s family and his young son. That along with all the memory-laning we did when we got together made it a fantastic evening. But, that was some setilist! I’ll need to remember that in July when Bon Jovi returns.

What concerts did you enjoy over the Memorial Day weekend? What concerts are you set to enjoy this summer? Comments are open. Feel free to post some.

No comments: