Friday, June 4, 2010

Friday's Rockin' Roundup - Planning Summer Vacation Edition

I was finally able to convince the girls that we should take a lake vacation this year. It was a little easier than I thought it would be, perhaps that’s because last year we did a stay-cation, so this year we are all welcoming any sort of vacation.

We are still picking out the place, but I know that we will be staying in a cabin on (or very near) a lake. There will be rafting, canoeing, horseback riding, star gazing, and hiking involved. For those that are unaware, your cousin Ryo is a huge fan of nature, the outdoors, and especially rafting. This summer vacation has me very excited. I’m also anxious to have the time off from work, spend time with my family, and relax with no worries. That’s what vacation is all about, a time to recharge, refresh, reinvigorate, and renew the soul!

And while I was pouring over websites with lake cabins figuring out which offered the best amenities, here’s what rocked this week:

Rolling Stone’s Summer Concert Preview
Proving once again that the magazine is afraid of The Guru, Rolling Stone has posted their summer concert preview. I believe I did this a while ago, but I can understand Rolling Stone Magazine following in my footsteps. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right? OK, their preview is a little more detailed than mine and they have a ton more pictures, but they’re still followers, right? Right?

Another Song From The Smashing Pumpkins
Billy Corgan has released the latest free single, Astral Planes, from his ever evolving free online album Teargarden By Kaleidyscope. That makes a total of four tracks that you can grab for free. In other Pumpkin news, a new bassist was announced and a mini tour of the US will kick-off in July.

Replacing U2 with…The Gorillaz?
I know it was last minute notice due to Bono’s unexpected injuries, but The Gorillaz? Really? You can’t even begin to compare the legendary U2 with a fictional band like The Gorillaz. If I had tickets for Glastonbury, I’d probably want a refund right now. This is downright ridiculous and organizer Michael Eavis should be ashamed of himself!

Taking Pot Shots At Ticketmaster
I’ll admit, this is too easy, but still massively funny. Kudos to whoever created this picture. I may use it as my new banner on The Rock and Roll Guru.

For more musical tidbits, nonsense, concert announcements, and rock n roll greatness you should follow me on twitter. www.twitter.com/ryovie

No comments: