Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday's Rockin' Roundup - Dave Matthews Band Concert Edition

Tomorrow night, thanks to a friend who called me out of the blue with an extra ticket, I am going to see Dave Matthews Band live for the fourth time ever. This concert is at Citi Field, a stadium where the New York Mets play their home games. So, not only will I be able to witness DMB live in a stadium setting (something I have never done before), but I will also get to see Citi Field for the first time. What a nice bonus!

Since this is the last tour for DMB until 2012, they have been playing some rarities during their concerts that the fans have loved. I am hopeful to hear some rarities tomorrow night. I would also like to hear some deep classics that I’ve never heard live. No matter what they play though, I am going to have an amazing time. A hot, Saturday night in July, seeing DMB live in New York City – it’s just incredible! Of course, I will have a full review in the days following the concert.

And while I was singing #41 in anticipation of the show, here’s what rocked this week:

Vie’s Verses
Another edition of Vie’s Verses has posted over at Hard Rock Hideout. This time around, I defend Iron Maiden’s fantastic setilst for their current tour. And so far, it appears that a lot of fans agree with me.

Continuing On The Iron Maiden Theme
Janick Gers addresses retirement rumors. All I can say is Maiden better not retire!

Bon-Jovi Live At Madison Square Garden
Here’s a well written review of Bon-Jovi’s latest DVD, Live At Madison Square Garden. After reading this review, I think I am going to have to pick this up. The concert looks amazing and I haven’t seen Bon Jovi live since the Have A Nice Day tour. This may serve as a good fill in until I can see them live again.

Nickelback Tickets On Sale Tomorrow
And finally, Nickelback/Buckcherry/Three Days Grace tickets go on sale to the general public tomorrow for most (if not all)) tour dates. Prices range between $50 - $90. If you’ve got the money, this could be one hell of a show!

No comments: