Friday, July 30, 2010

Friday's Rockin' Roundup - Summer's Almost Gone Edition

Is it really July 30th? I mean, really? I could have sworn that the summer just started. Wasn’t it Memorial Day like only a week ago? Football training camp has started. Baseball is rushing toward their September sprint, and hockey and basketball are not that far away from starting their respective seasons. Before we know it the cold weather is going to settle in and the long winter is going to be here.

I’ve really enjoyed my summer so far. My favorite part of the summer, our family vacation, is right around the corner. We leave next week and that is going to be a real memorable event for me. I love vacations, but what I love more than that is time with my family.

Here's what rocked this week:

Iron Maiden - Madison Square Garden
Over at Hard Rock Haven, they’ve posted their review of Iron Maiden live at the Garden. I attended the concert the night before at the Arts Center. It’s nice to get a different perspective of the current tour and see what others are saying. It’s also nice to see that I’m not the only one who loved hearing the newer material performed live.

More Rare Kiss Gems From The Metal Den
This time around, the gang at The Metal Den have unearthed the earliest known live audience recording of Deuce. The sound is impeccable for a 1974 bootleg. I wonder how much cleanup went into this.

Want To Win An REM Prize Pack?
Billboard.com is giving away a prize pack featuring a super deluxe edition of Fables of the Deconstruction. Winners are random and you must enter by August 10th. Good luck!

The Cult Release A New Single
No new album on the horizon. This is just the first of a four song “capsule,” whatever that means. Check out Everyman and Woman Is a Star on ITunes August 1st.

Taddy Porter Is Touring With Slash
Taddy Porter is a band that you have to check out. Their debut album kicks serious ass. And now they will be opening for Slash. I see a lot of big things for this bands future.

For more news, reviews, announcements, and head banging good times, you should follow me on Twitter. www.twitter.com/ryovie

No comments: