Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday's Rockin' Roundup - Remembering Old Classics Edition

Thanks to a Vie’s Verses column that I wrote for Hard Rock Hideout this week, I’ve been spending some quality time with some serious classic albums. Back In Black, Van Halen, Shout At The Devil, and Led Zeppelin IV (just to name a few) have all been enjoyed and reanalyzed this week. I’d forgotten how great some of these albums are.

It was wonderful to go back and spend some quality time with these amazing, timeless rockers. It really renewed my appreciation for such astonishing hard rock records that I have not listened to in years. It reignited my passion and reminded me why I collect music in the first place. Perhaps I should be spending more time with my collection on a regular basis.

Here’s what rocked this week:

Vie’s Verses – 10 Hard Rock Records To Start Your Collection
As I mentioned above, here is the latest edition of Vie’s Verses. It takes a look at 10 must own albums for every hard rock music collection. Let the debates begin!

Keith Richards Auto Biography Hits Stores This Tuesday
I am anxious to get my hands on a copy of this one. Stephen Davis’ Old Gods Almost Dead really told the story of The Rolling Stones, but this is a biography of a Stone written by a Stone. This is going to be some great stuff. I know what I’ll be doing next weekend.

U2 And Danger Mouse???
This could be really, really good, or really, really bad. I guess we will find out next year!

The Kinks Closer To A Reunion
Oh how I would love a Kinks reunion. There aren’t many bands that I can say I’m sorry I never saw live, but The Kinks are one of them. Their music is amazing, Ray Davies is a master, and it would be so much fun to see these guys in concert. Please don’t make the same mistake Pink Floyd did by waiting too long.

For more news, reviews, reunion announcements, hugs, love, and sarcastic wit, you should follow me on Twitter. www.twitter.com/ryovie

No comments: