Friday, November 5, 2010

Friday's Rockin' Roundup - Family Reunion Edition

This weekend my sister and her son are visiting us from Florida. It’s going to be her first time to New Jersey in more than 13 years. With most of my family up here in the Northeast, I don’t get to see my sister as much as I would like to. The fact that she’s coming up with her son to visit for a week means a lot to me. I am very excited to see her and my nephew. She will be visiting with my other brothers and staying some of the week at my oldest brother’s house, then the rest of the week at my house. It’s going to be nice to have most of the family together in one house. All we need is my brother who lives in Atlanta and it would be all the kids together again (something we haven’t done since we were children). I am going to thoroughly enjoy my time with family this week.

And while I was preparing the guest quarters and deciding how much extra food to stock up on, here’s what rocked this week:

U2 Has Added More Dates
As expected, U2 has added more dates to their 2011 North American Tour. Recently added stops include Baltimore, St. Louis, and Nashville, all in July. These shows are in addition to the makeup shows the band already has scheduled for the eastern seaboard. I expect that we will see even more shows added before the year is over. 2011 should be a good year for U2fans.

Prince Is Heading Out On Tour
2 nights at Madison Square Garden. 3 nights at the IZOD center in New Jersey. So far, these are the only five shows announced, and with Prince, you never know what’s going to happen. Tickets are on sale now.

Fathead® Does Music
Recently Fathead, the king of sports decorations for your wall, has moved into the music arena. Now they offering lifelike wall hangings of Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Ozzy Osbourne, and Kid Rock (just to name a few). They also have band logos, an action shot of some bands in concert, and album covers. These are available in different sizes (with the smaller being known as Fathead junior). Click the link to check out some of these pretty cool products. I wonder if I can talk Mrs. Vie into letting me get a KISS logo for the bedroom. Hmmmm…

For more news, views, thoughts, and might musings, you should follow me on twitter. www.twitter.com/ryovie

No comments: