Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday's Rockin' Roundup - New Year, New Resolutions Edition

And the first week of the New Year is coming to an end. As I do every year, some resolutions were made to help make 2011 my best year ever. This year I plan to work harder to get into (and stay in) shape, dedicate myself to writing more, and of course, obtain a new (9-5) job. That is the most important resolution on my list, but the other two are almost as important. I would really like to focus on who I want to be this year and how I expect to become that person. Writing and workouts are two very sacred things to me, and I need to spend more quality time with both of them.

Here’s what rocked this week:

Guitar Center Sessions
Do you have Direct TV? Have you heard about Guitar Center Sessions? Known for its exclusive performances and intimate conversations with revered musicians, Guitar Center Sessions is an in-depth music television series that most recently presented Peter Gabriel, Buddy Guy and The Cult. Hosted by renowned music taste maker Nic Harcourt of KCRW and TheLiveBuzz, the latest episode featuring Joe Bonamassa premiered Saturday, January 1st. Curious about where you can see these previous episodes? Previews and past episodes of Guitar Center Sessions can be viewed at www.guitarcenter.com/sessions.

Hard Rock Hideout’s Best Releases of 2010
Want to know what the best hard rock releases of 2010 were? Well, look no further than Hard Rock Hideout! Not only do you get Rob Rockitt’s top 20 of 2010, but you get Stone (from Metal Odyssey)’s top 10 and your very own cousin Ryo’s top 10 hard rock releases. While my favorite albums of 2010 that were listed here at The Rock And Roll Guru encompass all types of music, the list I composed for Hard Rock Hideout is strictly hard rock. Check them out!

Van Halen Tour in 2011?
It’s possible that there may be a new Van Halen tour this year, but it’s looking less and less likely that it will include a new album to support. This begs the question – are fans willing to shell out the money to see the same tour as last time?

For more rants, reviews, news, sarcasm, and shout outs, you should follow me on twitter. www.twitter.com/ryovie

No comments: