Friday, September 16, 2011

Friday's Rockin' Roundup - Vie's Verses Edition

As most of the regular readers know, I not only spend hours and hours of my life crafting some sensational literature about music for everyone to enjoy here at The Rock And Roll Guru, but I also write for another amazing website, Hard Rock Hideout. HRH is a great site dedicated to the harder side of rock and roll and I have been blessed with the opportunity to write a bi-weekly column titled, “Vie’s Verses.”

In this edition of the Roundup, I’ve decided to round up some recent Vie’s Verses that you may have otherwise missed. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoyed writing them.

Here’s some recent “Vie’s Verses” that rock. Click on the title of each to be taken directly to the post.

Is Guns N Roses Our Generation’s Led Zeppelin?
This piece stirred up quite the controversy. I was called insane, people thought I had to be joking, and one person even claimed that I “drew him offsides,” whatever that means. As much as they didn’t want to believe it, I was serious in my comparison. I think that GnR is this generations Led Zeppelin and the fact that they don’t have a large enough body of work to compare only helps solidify my point. This generation is a bunch of slackers!

A Tribute To The Late Jani Lane

I was very saddened by the news of Jani Lane’s passing. He was one of my boyhood heroes, and the tail end of his life was tragic. This was my soliloquy to him. It was a way for me to say thank you for all the joy his music brought to my life. May he rest in peace.

The Ten Most Uncelebrated Classic Kiss Songs
Every band with a large catalog has this problem. There are always fantastic songs that seemed to get ignored due to the vast body of music that the band has released. In this post, I tried to identify the 10 greatest Kiss songs that just don’t get the attention they deserve.

A Van Halen Fantasy
What would you do if Van Halen, Chickenfoot, and Hurtsmile all went on tour together with a huge VH all star jam at the end of the show? How much would you pay to see that concert? I know I’d be shelling out top dollar. I wish more bands would listen to cousin Ryo.

Every Album Challenge Update
Albums Listened To: 314
Albums Remaining: 1,739

For more news, reviews, tidbits, rants, raves, and other cool things, you should follow me on twitter. www.twitter.com/ryovie

No comments: