Friday, August 28, 2009

Friday's Rockin' Roundup - New Logo Edition

I’m working on creating a new logo for The Rock and Roll Guru, one that is designed by yours truly. The trouble is, I’m not much of an artist (in that form of art). When I was a kid, I used to draw a lot. I would spend hours replicating the comics, drawing my own action heroes, and endless amounts of cars and houses. I’ve been conjuring up my inner child for this project as I try to draw the perfect logo, one that I would be proud to use on my blog. It may take some time (and multiple designs), but it will certainly be a piece of artwork that I will be proud of. It will also be displayed on my header, on my twitter page, and wherever else the Guru can be found. I’m looking forward to unveiling the final artwork in the coming weeks.

Here’s what rocked this week:

Nine Inch Nails Plays The Downward Spiral in its Entirety
This is a great post/review of one of the “farewell” concerts from Nine Inch Nails that took place at Webster Hall in New York City. The review is great and the coolest thing is the setlist. Reznor decided as a farewell treat he would play his opus in its entirety. Wild!

Kiss Announces Alive 35 Tour Dates
Kiss has announced their tour dates and locations for the highly anticipated Alive 35tour. Tickets go on sale to the general public tomorrow at 10:00 AM for the first wave of shows. They are playing one show (so far) in my area. That’s on October 10th and I’ll be there for certain!

New Lynch Mob CD
You can read my review of the latest Lynch Mob CD, Smoke and Mirrors that I wrote for Hard Rock Hideout. Let me tell you, it was so great to hear Oni Logan singing with George Lynch again. The real Lynch Mob are back (sort of). Read the review.

Navigating Music On The Web
This is a great post about all of the music streaming sites that are available online and an in depth portrait of each. The obvious ones (like Last FM) I knew about, but this article lists a lot of services that I never heard of. A very interesting read.

No comments: