Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday's Rockin' Roundup - Pounded By Snow Edition

When will this winter end? We are once again getting pounded with snow that the weatherman informs me will not end until Saturday. (For those keeping score at home, it started Thursday morning). When it’s all said and done, we are looking at an additional 22 inches of snow. What the…? After being hammered with more than a foot just a couple of weeks ago, and then seeing snow showers on and off for the past few days, we are going to get nailed again with more. I am so yearning for the summer concert season to begin, and I promise, not once will I complain about the heat at the outdoor venues this year. Not once.

And while I was singing Frosty The Snowman and Winter Wonderland, here’s what rocked this week:

Metal Odyssey Talks Blizzard
This is a humorous post from someone who has seen as much snow as I have and is tired of it too. Or maybe he just likes to rant. I don’t know, but either way, it’s a good read.

Aerosmith Rocking Together Again
And now they are back. Aerosmith announced a European tour which means that US dates can’t be that far behind. It looks like everyone is in love with each other again, or this is just for the money. I guess we won’t know until the actual performances start.

Dave Matthews Band Tickets
Tickets for most of the DMB summer shows go on sale today at 10:00 AM. I am trying my hardest to get tickets for both nights at Citi Field and then I’m still considering travelling to either Hartford, CT for the Memorial Day weekend shows, or Washington (state) for the Labor Day Weekend Shows. Hmm. Decisions, decisions.

Trixter Playing 2 Shows This Weekend
Don’t know if this is the start of something bigger, a warm up, or what, but Trixter is playing a show in their homestate of New Jersey tonight, followed by another one in Maryland tomorrow night. The only other date on their tour page right now is the M3 festival in June. If you live in Jersey, here’s your chance to see the boys for a first time in a long while.

No comments: