Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier Tour Setlist Revealed


About a month ago I made my setlist predictions regarding what songsIron Maiden would play on the first leg of their upcoming World Tour. Let’s take a look and see how correct I was, shall we?

Below is the setlist for the North American Final Frontier Tour:

The Final Frontier Tour
The Wicker Man
The Ghost of the Navigator
Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
El Dorado
Paschendale
The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
These Colours Don’t Run
Blood Brothers
Wildest Dreams
No More Lies
Brave New World
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
Encore
The Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Running Free

Now let’s see – Cousin Ryo predicted Iron Maiden, Running Free, and the Number of the Beast. All three are there. I also selected Hallowed Be Thy Name and Fear of the Dark. Both are present and accounted for. My other easy selections were The Trooper and Run to the Hills and they are not there.

On a more difficult prediction plane, I selected Wildest Dreams and that’s there. I also predicted Brave New World and it was performed. I thought they would play 3 new songs, but only one is being performed, El Dorado, a song that I didn’t care for the first time I heard it. Perhaps I need to give it a few more listens.

The rest of my predictions were way off. Infinite Dreams was a long shot anyway, but no Evil That Men Do, Can I Play With Madness, or A Different World. Overall, I would say that I predicted pretty well. The real surprises came in the form of Paschendale, and three tracks from A Matter of Life and Death as well as three from Brave New World. While I think this setlist is amazing, there are others that disagree thoroughly. One went as far as to sarcastically comment that the only thing missing was a song from Virtual XI. I look forward to debating the strength of this setlist in a future post.

In the end, I was able to predict 8 out of 16 songs (I give myself credit for predicting one new song, even though I did not know the name of it at the time). That’s 50%. I’d like to toot my own horn for a moment and say, “Wow, that’s pretty good.” What are your thoughts? What were your predictions?

Comments are open. Feel free to post some.

2 comments:

Metal Eddie said...

Ha HA HA I love it. Virtual XI not so much.

Anonymous said...

I saw this show in Detorit - what a boring drawn out evening. Entire rows were leaving for beer.

I guess beer sales must have been up. People were waiting for the good part of the show to come.

I've seen crazier times playing Bingo with Grandma.